Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Learning from My Students

As I listened to PTJL participants sharing their favorite "family moments," a Rabbi Akiva quote came to mind: "From all my teachers have I learned and from my students more than all." 

This insight applies not only to the student/teacher relationship but also to our more intimate relationships. At home with our kids, with our spouses, with other relatives, and with friends, this teaching offers an invitation. 

It reminds us to create opportunities to learn about and from others--to make space for listening; to listen well and in between the lines. 


Sabrina Burger has taught for Parenting Through a Jewish Lens for many years, as well as for other community learning programs. In her teaching she loves to integrate Torah, art and parenting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment