Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Between Work, School and Soccer Practice


All parents want the best for their children. They want to teach them important core values like respect, kindness and responsibility. But how to even think about such matters when our schedules are so hectic?

Parenting Through a Jewish Lens, a 10-week class offered at sites throughout Greater Boston, allows parents the time to stop and reflect on a variety of parenting issues, including how to help children internalize core values. Participants enjoy rich discussions with distinguished faculty members; they learn from experts and draw on their own experiences.

As a parent and administrator of the program, I am thrilled to also be a participant in Parenting Through a Jewish Lens this year. For me, I have been curious about how to make traditional Bible stories more vivid for my preschool-aged children. How can I bring those stories into our regular bedtime routine? I look forward to finding out answers to these and many more questions. Join me and other parents who seek to deepen our understanding.

For more information and/or to register, please visit www.hebrewcollege.edu/parenting or visit and "like" our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/parentinglens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment